In a world full of mega-corporations, business tycoons, and huge enterprises, it’s challenging to make your space in this shark tank as a small business. Why? Because big businesses pretty much rule the world. It is due to their immense marketing budgets, a large share in the market, and eminent media attention.
This is not to discourage you but to give you motivation. You can be there too because everybody starts from a small business till they capture the lion’s share in the market. It’s just a matter of using the right techniques of marketing and promoting and using up-to-date technology like the best repair shop software.
In the thought of making your repair business fancy, you must not present it as something which it doesn’t have or represents. It’s just like a boujee mean girl who shows off her style but is broke in real life. It’s just like you advertise your repair shop having the best modern technology like a point of sale software for customer experience but actually, you’re just being pompous. This can backfire severely. So you need an absolute balance of products & services and marketing strategies to make your business look posh.
Apart from having a near flawless product and service to back up your marketing claims, these are the following ways to make your small repair business look big and fancy. Let’s dig in.
Give Your Business A Professional Look
Most of the time small business owners start their business personally and use personal contacts to connect with their customers. This is not a foresightful practice as they do not add the part where their business will have a tendency to grow and will lag due to a lack of professionalism.
If you are a repair shop owner and have made that mistake then now is the time to rectify it. This is a great tip for starters too. Not only does this practice make your business look fancy but advocates your claims of professionalism. Because nobody wants to deal with an amateur repair shop owner as they have to entrust their device to them.
Switching to a professional look contains the following points:
- Create a professional website for your repair shop. Here you will provide all the essential details about your repair business. It includes the services you provide, the accessories you deal in, and the best repair shop software you use. This will help the customers to decide beforehand what they want and if they can get it done at your repair store. Also, it will be helpful for the customers who are unable to visit your shop for any reason. They can mail you their devices for repairs.
- Secondly, design a creative and comprehensive contact us page. From here customers can easily contact you and know if you have a location near them. Add in details about your socials, mailing address, phone number, and location(s) to help them decide. It will save both parties time and you will look professional.
- Next is to have your logo that will be displayed clearly on your website and also on your customer-facing display computer repair shop software that customers can see at the checkout. This will leave a mark on customers’ minds and portray professionalism.
- Lastly, have introductory or tutorial videos on your website which will depict your effort toward your business. You can also post testimonials and reviews about your premium dealing with customers which will show your professionalism.
Set Up Your Business Page on All Socials
As you know the “gram is the new bam”. Nowadays nothing is hidden from social media. A basic source of information is considered social media and businesses are specifically targeting it to market their businesses. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media platforms are quick sources to advertise your small repair business.
Join groups related to repair business, connect with people there and pitch your business. Don’t just stop there, keep on posting daily, maintain your business page and use the modules on these platforms in your favor. From doing a live video on Facebook or Instagram to posting a detailed video about repairs or your business on YouTube, you can make your small repair business look a great deal. The key is to be consistent even if you reach your targeted numbers.
Have A Business Identity
Let go of your credentials and upgrade to business ones. This not only will make you look fancy but will also separate your personal and professional life. Let’s see what things you need to change or adapt to transform into a business identity.
- First comes your business number. Register a phone number specifically dedicated to your business.
- Then, purchase your domain instead of using @gmail or @yahoo, which look highly unprofessional. Get your domain like email@example.com.
- Have a separate P.O box for your repair shop where your customers who cannot hand you their devices themselves can send them to that P.O box. You can buy more if you have multiple repair stores in different locations.
- Instead of handing your number or email, print your repair business some business card that you can leave after a meeting or hand to your clients.
Industry Events and Tradeshows
Pack your bags and attend industry events and tradeshows. Presence is everything when you aim to look fancy and what can be more promising in this regard than a tradeshow. You have an open fair to express your repair business and get yourself noticed. Small to medium to large businesses are a part of such fairs. You can tie knots with as many people as you want and pitch your business. Some will be impressed by the best repair shop software you use, some by your style of repairs, and others simply by your professionalism.
With just a touch of professionalism and business presenting skills, you can make your small repair business look posh in no time.
Try these tricks and let me know what worked for you the best!