“Alexa! Play music.”
“Alexa! Check the weather outside.”
“Alexa! Set a reminder.”
Well, this is what Alexa is- a virtual assistant developed by Amazon, integrated into the range of Echo devices and other third-party electronic devices as well. In its entirety, Alexa helps you with operating your smartphones, and other smart home devices using voice commands.
Alexa can help control your smart devices while acting as a home automation system. You can also further extend the Alexa capabilities by installing skills like weather programs and audio features. It uses automatic speech recognition, NLP(natural language processing) and other forms of AI to perform searches online and give you desired results.
In order for Alexa to work on your smartphone or any other device, you must first ensure that the device has Alexa integrated into it. Once you are sure about that, you can simply configure it to work with Alexa. Most smartphones and Echo speakers allow users to activate Alexa using a wake word which can either be Alexa or Amazon. You can also keep a wake word of your own in the latest range of Amazon Echo speakers. If you are using Alexa on a third-party app, you will need to click on a button to activate the listening mode.
How to Connect to Alexa?
Alexa has been in the news since it first came out. If you’ve recently connected to a compatible device, learning how to connect to Alexa by using the alexa.amazon.com setup page will help you connect to it with ease. Make sure you have access to your Amazon account before the Amazon Alexa setup process. If you do not have an account create one using the alexa.amazon.com setup website. In case you already have registered with Amazon it is possible to access the same account through your web browser or by using the Alexa mobile app.
Amazon Alexa Login Procedure
To use Alexa, you’ll need to install it on your device. You can download it from either the Play Store or on the App Store. If you already have the app installed, make sure it’s running the most current version. Here are some steps to follow:
- To download the app, go to the Play Store or App Store and type in Amazon Alexa in the search tab.
- A webpage will now appear on the device screen. Click on the “Install” button. This will initiate the downloading process.
- After you download the application, it will be automatically installed and you’ll notice the button to open near the bottom of your screen.
- Hit the open button to begin using Alexa. Alexa app.
Even if you don’t own an iPhone, you’ll be able to use the Amazon Alexa application on your PC. All you need is a web browser that’s suitable. Browsers such as Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer can be used for connecting to the same.
- Launch the web browser, and in the address bar type https://alexa.amazon.in.
- A sign in screen will appear. Log in using your Amazon account details.
- There will be an alert with the words “Not every feature and device is compatible on this site. Please download the most current version of Alexa App”. Shut down the app and then click the ‘Continue’ button.
- The new page that displays “Welcome to Alexa” mentioned will appear. Click Continue to continue.
- It will include a variety of Amazon devices. Choose your device from the menu drop down.
- Follow the step-by step guideline to set up Amazon Alexa and then begin using it when you’ve finished.
- First step for Alexa installing is downloading Alexa’s Amazon Alexa app from your device’s app store.
- After downloading the app, you can now modify these settings.
- The app can be used to connect to the device. The indicator circle on its top will be blue before changing to the color of a rotating orange. The color’s rotation signals the user that the device is set to be connected.
Note: If you miss one of the steps in the set-up procedure, the ring will alert you to the error by changing color from violet. Then you’ll be required to wait 5 – 10 seconds until the ring’s lights begin to turn orange.
Modifying Amazon Alexa settings
- When the light turns orange, pick up your phone, then switch on the wireless settings.
- Find a web-based network with an SSID the name Amazon_XXX, or Amazon_XXX. Connect to it by clicking.
- Once you’ve connected, you’ll be able to start the Alexa app on your smartphone and view the settings screen pop up.
- There’ll be a variety of Echo devices available on the screen. Select the closest one to what you own and the setup process begins.
- After that, if you are not able to see the configuration window after selecting the device type, select to open the “Devices” tab in the lower right.
- Your device should now show up in the display. If you’re not seeing it, press the “+” icon, and then click on the “Add Device” button to confirm.
- On the next page, select “Amazon Echo.” Then, you’ll be able to select the device that you’re creating.
- Input your Amazon account details and then accept the conditions and terms of service. Select the Wi-Fi network that you would like to join from among the networks that Amazon Echo has identified.
- It is possible your Echo device has been programmed with the use of”Alexa” for an “Alexa” wake word. This means you can use the same phrase to make the commands you want to issue.
The Amazon Echo Dot setup procedure is completed. You can now begin using your devices using voice commands and the wake word that you have chosen.
If you face any issues with configuring Alexa settings online, you can reach out to the team at our end for help and troubleshooting tips.